- And finally, check out my latest blog post on my visit to the Signal-Return Letterpress Shop. Shameless self-promotion for the win!
- It’s that time of year when start feeling the grass-is-greener pangs of longing for fall. In keeping, check out 49th Shelf’s Fall Fiction Preview.
- Are schools teaching kids to be bad writers? Some authors in the UK seem to think so, and it’s not impossible to imagine the same kind of trouble here.
- On poetry’s plagiarism problem: are there any cases in which borrowing a line or two is part of the artistic process, or is at damnable stealing?
- And just for fun, 11 fun charts that sum up what it feels like to be a book nerd. Because being a book lover is one thing, but being a book nerd requires diagrams.
I hope you all enjoy a wonderful, relaxing weekend. And if you are in the market for a book to take with you to the cottage or any of your other travel destinations, may I recommend The Mysterious Death of Tom Thomson. It inspired a desire for me to commune with nature. Except for the mysterious death part. That part confirmed by fear of being left alone in the woods. But aside from that…
I kid! Have fun and catch you right back here next week.