- Hard work, low pay, fickle bosses … it’s a hard life for a writer. An eye-opening account of the unemployed life of a professional writer.
- Want to be the next publishing darling? Make sure you put together a rocking submission package with these tips (plus a bonus submission checklist for anyone planning to submit to PQL).
- That face you make when someone says “irregardless” and 16 other faces that grammar nerds will recognize.
- “If a picture is worth a thousand words, then The Mysterious Death of Tom Thomson is worth 109,000 words.” Robert Reid on George A. Walker’s fascinating book of wood engravings.
- Partisan Magazine has been making a splash with its refreshing ability to take a firm, unapologetic stance when it comes to criticism. Find out more about the origins of the magazine in this Winnipeg Review interview with Partisan founders Jason Guriel and Michael Lista.
- And finally, this obsessively detailed map of epic literary road trips. This makes me a) want a car; b) want time off; and c) travel the open road on an epic cross-country adventure of my own. Who’s with me? (C’mon guys. Gas is expensive!)