- James Pollock got personal on the blog, explaining to us how he first encountered Daryl Hine’s poetry and considers what it is that makes Hine’s poetry so essential.
- I’m a sucker for a nice, amusing sign. Pub signs, billboards, clever little passive-aggressive notes…I find them hilarious. But these signs prove that booksellers are at the absolute top of their sign game.
- Muggles of Toronto rejoiced this week as news of a Harry Potter-themed bar swept the nation. Anyone who visits must immediately report back to me so I can live vicariously.
- Shane Neilson wrote a thought-provoking piece on the writer’s duty to serve his or her fellow artists. What would the literary landscape look like if every author donated 10% of his or her time to reviewing other people’s books?
- And finally, for the writers among us: on the importance of a good editor, and on the necessity of leaving things out.
Well, that’s all she wrote for this week, folks. Tune in next week for more awesome book links. And until then, feast your eyes on some of the awesome events we’ve got coming your way. Be sure to RSVP for the launch of Trudeau: La Vie en Rose on October 15, and also of Lotería Huasteca’s launch and concert on November 2. Hope to see you there!