- If you’re fascinated by Coach House Books (and who isn’t?), take a gander at this Quill & Quire article on the building that houses the literary giant. And we would be remiss if we didn’t remind you that we have our own very detailed and fascinating look at Coach House through the ages in our inaugural STICKY fingers ebook, Coach House at Fifty. (Shameless plug!)
- We’re all for encouraging up-and-coming writers, as is the Writers’ Trust of Canada. Their 2016 RBC Bronwen Wallace Award for Emerging Writers is now open for submissions, so if you have a manuscript that meets the criteria, be sure to send it in. It could be worth $5,000..
- I love this print of the “Periodic Table of Typefaces”. (Helvetica, of course, takes the honours in the top left.) This print is not a want, but a need.
- Needless to say, we love indie booksellers. But sometimes, strolling into the local Chapters or Indigo just has to happen. On those occasions, we know you can relate to this.
- And finally, celebrating the beauty of book mail. Need I say more?
Well, those were our top-notch bookish links of the week. Have a wonderful weekend!