- We’re pretty stoked to hear that Quill friend George Elliott Clarke has been named Canada’s Poet Laureate! Learn about some of the reasons behind his awesomeness over at Book Riot.
- As you know, we’re kind of obsessed with those beautiful and intricate black-and-white illustrations in old books. (Does our Dingbats Section ring any bells?) So naturally, we’re fascinated by this brief history of book illustration.
- I’m a bit of a nerd when it comes to e-readers and ebooks. So when I saw that researchers have come up with a Braille tablet, I immediately had to know more. Isn’t technology fascinating?
- Type nerds rejoice: there is a new style of artwork making the rounds. These images show what classic books look like—with punctuation only. Naturally they are gorgeous.
- And finally, see what the folks over at Canadian Literature had to say about Bruce McDougall’s book, Every Minute Is a Suicide. (Spoiler alert: it is “emotionally resonant, carving a meritorious space for McDougall in Can Lit.”)
Hope you found some links to tickle your fancy in this week’s roundup. May you read some excellent books this weekend!