- Our most popular post this week can be found on our very own blog. PQL’s intrepid publisher Tim Inkster recalls the origins of our beloved Essential Poets Series, and muses upon the beginnings of the Porcupine’s Quill, too. Read Tim’s post here.
- “Confusing the future of bookshops with the future of books is a rookie mistake.” Great quote from a fascinating article on the future of bookselling.
- We were very pleased to participate in the tenth—and sadly last—Buffalo Small Press Book Fair this year. If you didn’t make it out, feel free to live vicariously through these photos.
- I love books that defy genre, so is it any wonder that this article caught my attention. Read here about the growing trend that sees experimental literature and so-called chick lit collide.
- And finally, thank you all for supporting our #ShareAPoem promotion! A big hug to each and every one of you who liked and retweeted. Be sure to check out past posts here, and don’t forget to stay tuned for more poetic goodness on Twitter and Facebook.
Thanks for visiting us this gorgeous Friday! Hope you enjoyed this week’s links, and looking forward to seeing you right back here next week. Before you go, I should mention that we are pleased as punch to announce the publication of Joe Rosenblatt’s book of poetry, The Bird in the Stillness. Celebrate with us—and with free stuff!