- The Griffin Prize is sort of the grand-daddy of Canadian poetry prizes. Check out this article featuring Griffin Prize judge Alice Oswald on the humour and modesty of Canadian poetry.
- I’m a sucker for some good literary criticism. I love the wit and logic and vocabulary and strong opinions. But is literary criticism also literature?
- There is so much truth to Rebecca Salazar’s take on Canada reads and its expectations of what “real” fictional Canadians are like.
- Who the heck is Cliff, of CliffNotes fame? Find out his story on Book Riot.
- And finally, this will strike a cord with every author or publicist who’s ever had to endure an empty reading.
It’s a new month (already!), and an action-packed one at that. If you haven’t already, check out what we’re getting up to here.