- Video of the week: watch the process of hand-making traditional washi paper. So much effort for a single, beautiful piece of paper.
- A picture tells a thousand words, or so the story says. So put together several dozen and you have a wordless novel. Peek between the covers of Jarrett Heckbert’s dystopian consideration of a post-human world, Metamorphadox.
- Don’t you just love a good underdog-makes good story? This list of beloved books that went underappreciated during their time is proof positive that great literature thrives over time.
- Why are so many poets also artists? There must be something in their perception of the world and ability to envision and communicate its foibles.
- And finally, have you checked out our upcoming fall list? We’ve got some great new titles by Tom Smart, Bruce Meyer, JonArno Lawson and more.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s links roundup. We’ll be back next week–same time, same place–with more indispensable reads from the bookish internet.