- Here’s a fun fact. New York libraries used to have superintendents, who lived in small apartments inside the library buildings. How cool is that? Check out some photos of those forgotten apartments here.
- Shane Neilson, the talented poet behind Complete Physical and On Shaving Off His Face was featured on Puritan Magazine’s blog. Check out the interview with him over on The Town Crier.
- Who knew so many poets died of tuberculosis? If you’re interested in something a little more morbid, check out this investigation into the causes of death of poets through the ages. This post is kind of like a crime scene in that I couldn’t help but look…
- Did you know that there are six basic “emotional arcs” in storytelling? Researchers have used technology to mine data from 1,700 stories to map what stories look like.
- And last but not least, in light of the never-ending spate of book-to-movie adaptations, here are some thoughts on the psychology behind seeing films that we pretty much know we’re going to complain about.
We’re baaack! After a bit of a hiatus due to pesky travel issues, the PQ Weekly Roundup is back in action. Hope you enjoyed this most recent edition, and do come back to visit us next week. Same time, same place!