- If you’ve ever suffered from writer’s block, you know that finishing a manuscript can take forever. But did you know that it took Victor Hugo twelve years to finish Les Miserables? More on the writing times of famous books in this pretty infographic.
- Lending out your favourite book can be an ordeal. These book lending horror stories are enough to make you curl up in a ball and weep.
- Calling all writers! The Thomas Morton Memorial Prize in Literary Excellence is taking submissions. Learn more here.
- Have you ever wondered who gets to decide what counts as “English”? A thoughtful discussion of language in publishing.
- And finally, what was the most popular book in the year you were born? Was To Kill a Mockingbird setting serious dad goals (1960)? Was Anne Rice bringing on the chills with The Queen of the Damned (1988)? Was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets bringing magic to the world (1999)? Find out which book was captivating audiences on your birth date.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s cool book links. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever come across any must-share links!