- The legacy of R. Murray Schafer: Musical Toronto on the Esprit Orchestra salute to the Canadian composer (and PQL author).
- Well of course we’re all book nerds! But what’s your particular species? Take this quiz to find out. Turns out, I’m of the speed-reading variety….
- If you’re fascinated by words and language, you’ll love this: Fifteen metaphors hidden in word etymologies. For example, companion = Latin ‘com’ (with) + Latin ‘pan’ (bread) = a person you break bread with. Genius!
- Immerse yourself in a bygone era of bookish shenanigans. Check out this article in Harper’s Bazaar on the literary ‘brat pack’ of the 1980s.
- And my personal favourite: this short video on the process of bookmaking the old-fashioned way. So much care when it comes to the details.
These are some particular choice links this week, if I do say so myself. Hope you enjoyed, and of course, don’t forget to check out our News for November post to see what we’ve been up to.
Have a great weekend,