- The big book news of the week: The Canada Reads longlist has been announced.
- I really enjoyed this charming article on a Manhattan-based bookbinder. You can see how much he loves his craft and seeks to help other bookbinders as well.
- I question the wisdom and efficacy of offering sanitized, abridged versions of Hemingway, Kerouac etc. to children. Can it really pique interest if it is basically stripped of style and boiled down to child-friendly plot points.
- Listening to Neil Gaiman read Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol? What a great way to get into the spirit of the season!
- And finally, many thanks to Brian Palmu for his take on Fabulous Fictions and Peculiar Practices, calling it “a delightfully insouciant production.”
Don’t forget to collect our Christmas gift to you! Get our third PQL Holiday Giveaway here.