- Anyone who has ever worked from home knows that measuring productivity is kind of important if you ever want to beat the distractions and get stuff done. That is one of the reasons I’m so interested in this infographic about the sleep habits and literary productivity of some of history’s most famous writers.
- Have you ever seen some of those Amazon listings selling books for a penny? How can these sellers do it and what’s in it for them?
- Sometimes, authors have to take a moral stand. Roxane Gay proved this by pulling her book from Simon & Schuster rather than publishing with the same company as Milo Yiannopoulous.
- The National Endowment for the Arts is an agency that supports art and artists of various genres across America. Needless to say, the US government’s decision to defund the NEA is a blow to book lovers and other arts enthusiasts, and a troubling insight into the importance the new government places on the arts.
- Some days, I just feel like laughing at other people’s grammar mistakes. Does that make me a bad person?
A couple of weighty stories this week, hm? If you ever come across some interesting or amusing book news you’d like to share, feel free to get in touch via email or Facebook or Twitter. I’d love to hear from you.