- First thing’s first—check out the roller coaster that is March at the PQL. Learn about new releases we’re publishing this month, a TON of great events and more.
- If your idea of a perfect Saturday is to browse the world’s biggest bookshops, here are twelve stunners to add to your list of places to visit.
- Did you know that in the Middle Ages, scribes used to “curse” their books to prevent others from stealing or damaging them? Can anyone teach me a curse to prevent people from dog-earing books? Please?
- Apparently, books with a bit of swearing are especially prone to censorship challenges. You’d be surprised at how many classics are included in CBC’s list of challenged books.
- What is the deal with Amazon’s foray into physical bookstores? Are they building a better bookstore or do they have more nefarious plans in mind? You be the judge.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. And PST! Don’t forget to join us for Bruce Meyer’s reading at Storytellers in Windsor. I’d love to see your faces!