- In honour of International Women’s Day, we featured some top-notch Canadian poets who happen to be female. Check the list out these and other fantastic works by poets of both genders on our Essential Poets page.
- Speaking of poetry, isn’t it fun, sometimes, to remind ourselves of the truly terrible poetry that celebrities trot out on occasion. Remind yourself of the human tendency toward Schadenfreude in Literary Hub’s article on the “adolescent charm of bad celebrity poetry”.
- Researchers at the Morgan Library & Museum are trying to capture the smell of old books. Huh. That’s kind of odd, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
- Have you ever wondered about the proportion of male- to female-authored books in a given bookstore? Well, Loganberry Books in Cleveland prepared a visual, and it’s pretty much as depressing as you thought.
- And finally, this week’s big news is the publication of Shane Neilson’s new book of poetry, Dysphoria. You can read my impressions of the book (AKA you can watch me fangirl over it) here.
Thanks for checking in on this week’s PQ Weekly Roundup. Have a great weekend and don’t let Daylight Saving Time get you down.