- I find so-called “literary feuds” fascinating. This ridiculous cover rip-off is a great example of what can happen when writers get angry.
- There are allegedly bad things about working in a bookstore. Personally, I don’t see how “you spend all your money on books” is that bad…
- If you’re a fan of audiobooks or just curious about how readers perform their own writing, this one is for you. Listen to J. R. R. Tolkien himself reading from The Lord of the Rings.
- Have you ever wondered what books would be like without female characters? This post re-imagines some of the classics without the ladies. The results are … pretty tragic.
- And finally, how about a little sneak peek of a future publishing project? Karl Kessler’s Overtime is upcoming from PQL in 2018. Read about this project, which documents vanishing trades in the Waterloo region, on CBC Spark’s website.
Thank you for joining us for this week’s round up. We hope you found something to tickle your bookish fancy today!
Hope you have a great weekend,