- Here’s a challenge—test your knowledge (or memory) of classic books by matching them to these extremely vague description. (There is a definite water theme to the ones I missed…)
- Do you find yourself in a bit of a reading slump? Here are some ways to refresh your desire to pick up a new book.
- I’m so excited for the upcoming Grimsby Wayzgoose! Can you believe it’s in its 39th year?
- Speaking of Grimbsy, the art gallery is also hosting an exhibition of Leon Rooke and Tony Calzetta’s Fabulous Fictions & Peculiar Practices. Come for the Wayzgoose, stay for the exhibition. (And stop by the PQL table on wayzgoose weekend to get your copy.)
- And finally, what is it about books that is so attractive to us humans? How is it that they’ve survived so much—even the threat of ebooks—and still manage to come out on top? Merilyn Simonds discusses.
Remember that we’re continuing to feature some lovely poem snippets on Facebook and Twitter as part of our #PQLPoemADay promotion. Like us and/or follow us if you appreciate these poetic pick-me-ups!
Have a great long weekend,