- If you’re like me, you probably enjoy hitting up all the local literary sights when you’re visiting a new city. So if you’ve ever wondered what’s hip and happening in the Halifax book scene, check out this Book Riot post.
- Book designers are brilliant creatures who are able to make readers feel something just by putting together pictures on a cover. According to this article on Literary Hub, it’s a tough job, and requires much more literary analysis than you might think.
- Sometimes it’s hard to remember that our favourite classics were written not just about a different time and place, but in one. When you think about the context, Jane Austen’s works might just be a little more ‘radical’ than you ever imagined.
- Just for fun, I invite you to try out these Shakespearean insults. Because creativity in verbal sparring should make a comeback!
- And finally, if you’re looking for something fun and interesting to do this weekend, hop on over to the Grimsby Public Art Gallery on Sunday, May 7 for a fascinating artist’s talk by Tony Calzetta.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you were entertained by this week’s book links. See you right back here on the blog next Friday for more bookish news and fun.