- Did you know that pop-up books have a history dating back to the 1120s? Check out some of the gorgeous (and ancient!) examples at Atlas Obscura.
- Test yourself: Complete each book title in this missing word quiz. Beat my time of 2:49. (OK, yes, you caught me. I cheated on one of them.)
- I find it amusing that some copy editors call the overuse of exclamation points “bangorrhea.” I am blatantly guilty of it, but perhaps using this occasionally maligned form of punctuation is not such a bad thing after all…
- Barbara Sibbald slayed on the airwaves this week with a fascinating and charming interview on CBC’s All in a Day with Alan Neal.
- And finally, an oldie but a goodie: great books for the men in your life!
Well, wasn’t that a varied crop of book links? I’m off to Chicago for the American Library Association’s Annual Conference. Looking forward to a weekend full of books!
Hope you all have a wonderful first weekend of summer as well,