- This week was full of awards announcements. First up, we have the longlist for the Scotiabank Giller Prize, and second, we were treated to the finalists list for the Hilary Weston Writers’ Trust Prize for Nonfiction. Some great books to add to your to-read list!
- If award-winners aren’t your cup of tea, I found this article revealing reading lists hidden inside other great books, full of great recommendations.
- On a more emotional note, this article about the intimacy of packing up a lost loved one’s personal library was beautiful. Really makes you think about what our books say about ourselves.
- We were very pleased to announce this week the publication of James Simon Mishibinijima’s Pictographs. We shone a spotlight on the talented Ojibway artist and his work on our blog here.
- And finally, of course everyone is all excited about Word on the Street. Join us this Sunday at Harbourfront in Toronto for a fantastic day full of books, authors, and literary fun. Stop on by booth 421 to see us!
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Hope to see you in Toronto at Word on the Street—the weather is supposed to be really fine!