- October 10th was World Mental Health Day, a day to recognize the way in which mental health challenges affect sufferers, health practitioners and those on the outside, as well. We helped spread awareness … and a poetic World Mental Health Day reading list.
- Did you know that reading before bed can help you sleep better at night? Here are five reasons to cuddle up with a book.
- 49th Shelf featured a lovely excerpt of James Simon Mishibinijima’s Pictographs—including some beautiful artwork depicting the myths and legends of his Ojibway heritage.
- There’s something about the fall that makes it a peak season for reading. These beautiful pieces of fall reading art depict the coziness of curling up with a book.
- And finally, the Alcuin Society held their annual awards dinner honouring the winners of the 2016 Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design in Canada. Devil’s Artisan editor Don McLeod brought back pictures of the event for us to ooh and ah over.
Hope you enjoyed today’s roundup. Also, today is Friday the 13th. If that’s a thing that worries you … good luck. 😉