- Let’s kick things off with this news of a pop-up bookshop selling only female authors.
- If you’re a writer trying to pitch your book or a fledgling publishing professional tasked with producing catalogue copy, you might enjoy this quick-and-dirty guide to writing book descriptions.
- Typographer and graphic designer Robert R. Reid was fêted at the Robertson Davies Library in an exhibition celebrating his work. Devil’s Artisan Editor Don McLeod captured some photographs of the opening reception.
- Are ebooks stupid? The head of publisher Hachette says they are a failure, but some authors and readers consider them a revolutionary tool.
- And finally, there is a cartographer mapping all of the UK’s national parks in the style of Tolkien’s Middle Earth. How cool is that?
Definitely a mixed bag of book links to check out this week. Enjoy and have a wonderful, restful, book-filled weekend!
All the best,