- This week saw the celebration of World Book and Copyright Day—an important day to support creators and tell the Canadian government that we value Canadian stories.
- Design junkies will appreciate this consideration of the humble page number and the creative choices that go into pagination.
- Recommending books to others is fun, and it’s always rewarding to give someone a book that they end up loving. On the other hand, it can be nerve-wracking to hand a person your very favourite book. On the intimacy involved in book recommendation.
- Here’s some troubling news. Apparently there’s a study that finds that “books by women authors are priced 45% less than those of their male counterparts.” Whoa.
- And finally, don’t forget to enter our Myth and Memory poetry book bundle giveaway. One lucky winner will get a three-book bundle that includes Jeffery Donaldson’s new book, Fluke Print. Enter by Tuesday, May 1 for your chance to win.
Thanks for checking in with the PQ Weekly Roundup. Don’t forget to come see us tomorrow, April 28th at the Grimsby Wayzgoose. We’d love to say hi and hear what you’re up to!