- Let’s kick things off with the news at PQL! Check out our latest newsletter, which recaps some of the pleasures of solo literary adventures and lays out some of our most exciting bookish news and events.
- If you’re like me, you’re fascinated by books about grammar, language, and basically anything book or writing related. In that case, you’ll enjoy this list of 13 books about the English language that might just change what you thought you knew about reading and writing.
- Have you noticed a shift in children’s books away from adventure stories and towards “inward-looking” family stories? Is that necessarily a bad thing?
- Do you have a ridiculously tall TBR pile at home? If so, here are 10 hacks to get through your to-read list.
- And finally, PQL was in the news again over at the Globe and Mail. On the future of independent publishing in Canada.
Since I was away last week at BookExpo, this week’s update takes into account links from the past two weeks. Double the fun!