- As you may know, Gerard Brender à Brandis is exhibiting beautiful engravings from A Gathering of Flowers from Shakespeare at Gallery Stratford. You can experience these lovely prints until September 30, and don’t forget to attend the artist talk on September 11.
- If you find yourself in Connecticut this summer, please please please visit Traveler, a restaurant that gives away books with each meal. This sounds like the type of place I want to support!
- Today, in Crazy Book News: an archivist and a bookseller have been charged with “cannibalizing” rare books, resulting in $8 million dollars in theft. This is bananas!
- Libraries serve a valuable—indispensable, rather—purpose for a wide spectrum of people. Here’s why libraries are still essential in 2018, despite the prevalence and popularity of bookstores and cafés.
- And finally, because it’s summer and poolside shenanigans do happen, here’s how to salvage water-damaged books.
Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen. You have officially made it to Friday! Have a wonderful weekend full of summer fun, and of course, a few good books.