- Ever wondered what a library from the second century AD looks like? Archaeologists have discovered the remains of an ancient library in Germany that may have housed up to 20,000 scrolls. How cool is that?
- If you (like me) occasionally enjoy picking up and rereading your favourite childhood books, check out this article about how rereading can help adults track personal growth.
- Nowadays, conversations about books tend to centre on a few big names who wrote the buzziest titles of a season. But a recent Twitter thread breaks out of this echo chamber and shines the spotlight on some of the best overlooked books of the last decade, giving us all an opportunity to broaden our reading horizons.
- But if buzzy books are your thing, you can catch up on the Canadian books that everyone has been talking about. These award-winning books have all won awards in the first half of 2018, so you’re sure to find a great new read among all of these contenders.
- Finally, as if any of us needed another reason to read, scientists continue to extol the virtues of ‘getting lost in a book’—from increased empathy and creativity to opportunity for escape.
This was a particularly fascinating PQ Weekly Roundup, if I do say so myself. Hope you learned an interesting bookish tidbit or two to tide you over until next week.
Have a great weekend!