- This week marked back to school for many students (and parents) across the country. In case you missed it, we got in the spirit with a September newsletter channelling the humble school syllabus. Check out your “required reading” and get a load of all the awesome bookish events happening this month!
- To keep the theme of back to school going, we also shared the Poetry Foundation’s feature on poems about teaching and teachers. Great for inspiring your inner student—or instructor!
- Devil’s Artisan Editor Don McLeod made his merry way to the 2018 Coach House Wayzgoose. He took some pictures so you, Quill fans, can share in the delightful annual event.
- I stumbled across a really interesting article on Valancourt Books, a print-on-demand publisher that specializes in reprinting forgotten books. It provided not only an interesting take on the requirements of the Copyright Office in the US but also a look at issues surrounding free speech and just compensation. Highly recommended read for anyone interested in the publishing business!
- And finally, a reminder that the English language is actually kind of ridiculous.
Lots of interesting links today, I think, so be sure to catch up on all the cool bookish stuff you missed.