- In a world of “fake news” and “based on a true story”, what does truth even mean? This is a thought-provoking essay on fiction and metaphor and memoir reality and truth.
- This week, the Hilary Weston Writers’ Trust Prize for Nonfiction finalists were announced. Some good stuff to put on your to-read list in here.
- And if nothing there suits your fancy, let’s take a look back over the last 18 years and see what made the list of most important books of the 2000s. Some of these I get, but others … not so much.
- If you’re a writer, you might have experienced the almost unshakable desire to revisit old bits of your manuscript over and over again. Maybe you end up changing a word here, a phrase there, but basically, you’re just endlessly tinkering and never actually finishing anything. Author Daniel Torday has found an easy (if somewhat odd) way to trick oneself into completing a manuscript.
- And finally, in celebration of the upcoming Word on the Street Toronto, we put together some free, printable bookmarks for you to use in all the new books you’ll be buying!
How is it Friday already? This week just flew by. Probably due to my anticipation for Word on the Street Toronto. Hope you see you there (we’re at table 403).