- OK, obviously our most clicked link of the week is the link to our three-book poetry giveaway. Enter to win a copy of each of the volumes in Shane Neilson’s “Affect Trilogy” today!
- A familiar name in Canadian bookselling is making a play for some American market share. Indigo has opened its first U.S. store in Short Hills, NJ, but how do they plan to compete with Amazon and Barnes & Noble?
- This is random, but I defy you not to click it: famous authors, ranked by height.
- Does our addiction to stories blind us from the truth about historical events? An interesting philosophical consideration of our thirst for compelling narratives.
- And finally, corroborating what you already probably already know, a new study seems to have confirmed that growing up in a home filled with books is good for you. (Apparently the magic number is 80 books.)
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Keep in touch with interesting bookish articles, and don’t forget to enter our Affect Trilogy giveaway!
Have a great weekend,