- Have you ever heard of the interrobang? What about the sarcmarc? The love point? Check out these lost type symbols that definitely need to make a comeback.
- Are you the type of person that can’t bear to get rid of a book–even on that you’ve started and left languishing on your shelf? Perhaps you need to discover the joy of not finishing a book. This article in The Guardian reminds us that “When a book is finished it becomes a trophy. When it’s left half-finished it becomes an albatross.”
- Also from The Guardian, this adorable picture book dedicated to the foibles and follies of the English language sounds hilarious—a must read for language lovers!
- Are you at a loss as to what to get your favourite book lover this holiday season? Have no fear—this reader gift guide listing what not to buy might help. (Note: there is some controversy as to the desirability of bookmarks. We can only advise that you use your best judgment.)
- And finally, don’t forget to enter our “The Rest Is History” book bundle giveaway featuring two great PQL books inspired by history—The Rising Tide and Mrs Romanov. Enter here for your chance to win.
Can you believe how close the holidays are getting? Here’s hoping that you’re able to relax a little and enjoy the spirit of the season.