- This is fun, and kind of fascinating: reading recommendations for every age, from 1 (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) to 100 “(Sailor and Fiddler: Reflections of a 100-Year-Old Author).
- A master calligrapher is trying to preserve the kana script, a form of writing women in Japan used to express themselves freely—and to write the world’s first novel.
- Move over Oprah! Jenna Bush Hager is the new book club queen.
- Why do we persist in the often futile quest to find the great summer read? And what makes a book a summer read anyway?
- Worth your while to find out how publishers and libraries deal with acquiring and lending ebooks.
Hope you stay cool this long weekend—and that you find time for a little literary fulfillment!
All the best,