- Most of us concede that the books we read say something about us—our desires, our aspirations, our personalities—but what about the books we own but never actually read?
- “Metaphor is the knot between language and image, between language and sensory experience, and between language and narrative. Indeed, a growing body of research supports the view that metaphoric thinking could be deeply tied to empathy.” On the power of metaphorical thinking.
- It’s a tough world out there for a writer, with scammers out there piggybacking off the work of others to make a quick buck. Authors, arm yourselves with information!
- Have you ever read a book that depicted a library so fantastic you wish it existed in real life? Same. You’ll get pangs of literary longing from this list of the top ten tantalizing fictional libraries.
- It’s the modern equivalent of spooky campfire tales! These paranormal books seem like perfect late summer reads.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Still want more PQL goodness? Check out my post on the perils and pleasures of literary lending.