- Is your book literary, commercial or something else? On “upmarket fiction” and why should we care about it in today’s publishing ecosystem.
- Linguistics lovers, check out these fascinating article on “uptalk”, “vocal fry” and the so-called “feminine” vocal qualities that have been receiving attention of late.
- “The work a character does reveals who they are more effectively than telling the reader who they are.” On why you should write about your characters at work.
- Looking for some free, vintage nautical-themed images to use in your designs? Look no further than our latest freebie image gallery.
- And finally, check it out! PQL author Sharon Berg was interviewed in The Sarnia Observer about her upcoming story collection Naming the Shadows.
Isn’t the world of language and literature so fascinating? Always something new and thought-provoking to discover. Hope this roundup expanded your mind today!