- ’Tis the season … for bookstores to start hiring holiday staff. Do you have what it takes to become a bookseller?
- It’s a tricky question these days—can you authentically write the story you want to write, about the characters whose identities you want to explore? Ten authors delve into this divisive literary question.
- The winners of the Writers’ Trust literary prizes have been chosen. See who made the finals over at CBC Books.
- Who would believe some of the most fascinating books of fiction out there are about … math? From Lewis Carroll to Douglas Adams, these books celebrate the imaginative possibilities of numbers.
- Finally, this week’s November newsletter set out in detail what we’re working on at PQL this month, along with my random blatherings on horticultural matters both literal and bookish.
Thanks for checking out this week’s best bookish links. We hope you’ve been amused, entertained and enlightened!