PQ Weekly is a round-up of the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- The Essential Anne Wilkinson is “a worthy introduction to Wilkinson’s work, and a useful addition to collections on women’s studies as well as modernism” according to Foreword Reviews.
- We all know book reviewing’s not for everyone. Either these (hilarious) short synopses are brilliant, or they entirely miss the point.
- Laurie Lewis contributes a piece to the Globe and Mail on death and grief. She has such a way with words, and such a depth of feeling.
- Lovely celebration of P. K. Page’s poem “Planet Earth” on the Brick Books blog. John Reibetanz tells us why it’s worth all the fuss.
- Couldn’t resist. There’s a guy in Los Angeles who has been adding clever signs to bookstore shelves. Because let’s be honest: “Animals I Want to Wrestle” and “Meals You Intend to Make, but Never Will” should have their own section.