Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- Are you a grammar nerd? Do you find yourself mentally correcting other people’s grammar? Well, beware these ten grammatical mistakes that may not actually be wrong…
- What happens when a female author sends out her manuscript under a male name? She finds out that her alter ego, George, “is eight and a half times better than me at writing the same book.” We’ve heard a lot about the gender divide in publishing, but this article brings it home in a whole new way.
- An Introverted Writer’s Lament: Writing is so often perceived as a solitary pursuit. But nowadays, being social is increasingly crucial to successfully selling your book. This resonated with a lot of our followers—and I can certainly relate, myself!
- I am still far too entertained by this list of words that are their own opposites. English is a funny language isn’t it?
- A PQL PSA: Reading for a half hour each week can make you happier and healthier. You’re welcome.
Thanks for joining us for this edition of the PQ Weekly Roundup. And don’t forget: we want to hear from you! Be sure to send us your own bookish links from the Interwebs.
Have a great weekend, Quill fans!
Leave a Reply