Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- Wondering which books should be on your reading radar this year? Amazon has put together a list of their editors’ top picks for the best books of 2016.
- Did you know that the Writers’ Union of Canada is running a short prose writing competition? For all you aspiring writers out there, check out this contest with a $2,500 prize!
- Have you heard of “constrained writing”? I’m not sure how I feel about this group of techniques that dictates everything from which words writers can use down to which letters should appear. Conceptually interesting, but questionable in practice. How you do feel about it?
- Meet up with us at Meet the Presses! If you’re looking for something fun to do this Saturday, November 19th, drop by the Meet the Presses Indie Literary Market. We’d love to see you.
- Finally, we should all take a moment to remember the late, great Leonard Cohen, who passed away this week at 82.
Today’s PSA: Don’t forget to pick up your copy of Bruce Meyer’s Portraits of Canadian Writers! We think it should be required reading for all CanLit lovers. That is all.
Have a great weekend,
Leave a Reply