- Librarians, booksellers and book buyers know that while certain book designs look great in theory, in practice, they are unshelvable, tattered, fingerprint-laden messes. These are a few of the more painful designs.
- “The Hobo’s Crowbar holds within its pages a challenge to take a closer look. Dare to do so.” Many thanks to CM: Canadian Review of Materials for the insightful review of JonArno Lawson’s latest.
- One of Hollywood’s famous “nice guys” is writing a book. That’s right—Tom Hanks is writing a short story collection about … typewriters. Huh. Well, that’s quite the thing.
- Can you imagine writing your next book deep in the wilderness? How about crossing the continent on a train? Or in an honest-to-goodness castle? Check out these and other unusual (and awesome) writing residencies on Literary Hub.
- And finally, you have to check out the photo recap of the event featuring Seth (and Tom Smart!) at PAMA. What a great photo backdrop, eh?
To those of you joining us in Southwestern Ontario, hope you’re enjoying this unseasonably mild weather. Definitely take advantage of the weather. Outside reading, maybe? Just a suggestion.