- Have you ever gone on a “mission” to visit as many bookstores as humanly possible in one day? I have. I think I accomplished five. Well apparently I’m an amateur because this post tells you how to visit 19 bookstores in one day! How’s that for a goal on Authors for Indies Day?
- Speaking of Authors for Indies Day—are you looking for something to do on Saturday, April 29th? Well, if you’re in Winnipeg, we have your answer. Visit the Atrium at McNally Robinson Grant Park for Shane Neilson’s launch of Dysphoria. He’ll be joined by local authors Lori Cayer and Maurice Mierau.
- What is the attraction of small publishing houses exactly? Is it the quality of the writing? Of the book itself? Is it their artistic bent or unique philosophies. Bob Vrbanac writes about it in the Waterloo Chronicle—and kindly mentions PQL!
- So this is vaguely mesmerizing and very, very satisfying. Watch as a machine gently cleans off dusty library books.
- And finally, sometimes, all you need is a good quote about books. Here are 45 good ones. (Bonus—they apparently make great wall art!)
Just a reminder that we’ll be at the 39th Annual Grimsby Wayzgoose on Saturday, April 29th. Make sure you stop by for one of the best bookish events of the year.
Also, thank you all for staying tuned during National Poetry Month as we shared a #PQLPoemADay on social media. But don’t despair–at PQL, every month is poetry month, so we’ll be sure to continue to whet your appetite for outstanding poetry all year long.
Have a great weekend,