Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- Spotlight on Don Black, the new “rogue” over at the Devil’s Artisan’s Rogues’ Gallery of the Canadian Book and Printing Arts.
- Broken Pencil magazine reviewed Daddy Hall, saying, “Even if it weren’t the sesquicentennial, Daddy Hall would be required reading. But the fact that it is a historic year makes this biography of a Black Canadian hero even more important to read.”
- Congratulations to Shane Neilson, winner of the 2017 Walrus Poetry Prize for his poem “Epistemology”. Great work, Shane!
- Don’t miss this lovely tribute to Don Coles in The Walrus. Coles passed away recently, and is remembered fondly by family, friends, and poetry lovers everywhere.
- The Porcupine’s Quill participated in the first ever Bound Book Arts Fair at the Arts and Letters Club in Toronto. See what the fuss was about with these super cool photos of the event.
- And finally, don’t forget to check in on the blog to see what’s happening this December at PQL.
And there you have it—the most clicked book links of the last two weeks. Don’t forget to enter this week’s PQL Holiday Giveaway before it’s too late!
Have a great weekend,
Leave a Reply