- Have you ever wondered how authors edited their manuscripts before white-out and word processors and Post-it Notes existed? Jane Austen used a pretty interesting system—straight pins.
- Canada’s copyright drama continues, with a plot-thickening (and frankly head-scratch inducing) lawsuit…
- If you’re as fascinated by book cover design as I am, you’re probably curious about the designers behind some of the famous jackets in recent memory. This article gives readers a peek at designers’ inspirations and processes.
- We talk a good game here, at PQL, about valuing the art and craft of the book. What do we mean, exactly, by the word craft? This article gives you a pretty good sense.
- And finally, we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek of our latest collection of critical essays. Check out Richard Teleky’s Ordinary Paradise on the PQL blog.
Can you believe it’s already March, Quill fans? Where does the time go? Catch you here next week, same time and place, for another update on the literary lay of the land.