Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- Writers take note: Just in time for National Poetry Month, the CBC Poetry Prize is open for submissions. There’s a $6,000 prize and a 10-day writing residency at stake!
- Have you ever attended a dinner party where you want to drop some literary terms, like ‘postmodernism’ and ‘beat poets’ but weren’t sure you were using them correctly? This handy primer on literary movements will help.
- This one’s for the word nerds: a map that shows the literal meaning of every country’s name. Greetings from “The Village.”
- One of my enduring favourite books here at the Porcupine’s Quill is Jason Guriel’s The Pigheaded Soul. Tune into The Biblio File podcast for some of Jason’s literary wit and charm in his discussion of poetry and criticism with Nigel Beale.
- Finally, more poetry for you. Forty-seven famous writers share their favourite poems for your reading pleasure.
That’s it for the PQ Weekly Roundup. Thanks for stopping by for your dose of literary link-age.
Leave a Reply