- This week, I posted a photo-filled recap of my recent trip to the Printers Row Lit Fest in Chicago. It was rainy enough to dampen my generally sunny spirits a bit, but it was still a fun weekend in the Windy City!
- In a time of media overload, fake news, and general malaise about the state of the world, this reading list of books to help you understand modern journalism is pretty necessary.
- The machines are becoming … poetic? RFID scanners are “creating” found poetry through the titles they scan. Some of them are pretty gosh-darned charming.
- This is good for a laugh: 34 signs you are a bookworm. Readers, you will relate.
- And last but not least, a new study has found that audiobooks might just elicit a more emotional response than movies. Books win again!
It’s shaping up to be a scorching hot Canada Day weekend, so I definitely recommend keeping cool, drinking lots of water, and settling in for a good book or two.
Have a great holiday!