- This one’s for the poetry fans: 15 Canadian poetry collections to watch for this fall, according to CBC Books. (Of course, to this we would certainly add Mrs Romanov, by Lori Cayer, and The Essential Charles Bruce, selected by Carmine Starnino. Not that we’re biased or anything.)
- “I have a very strong belief that reading should be an act of love, of joy, of willing discovery.” I love this quote by V. E. Schwab, who talks about the dangers of the “required reading” label as well as the power and potential of the fantasy genre.
- Here’s a heartening headline: books are projected to be the only form of physical media to grow in the next few years. Why is that? An interesting analysis in this article in strategy+business.
- For the armchair adventurers, I recently posted a short account of my walk through a few of NYC’s literary landmarks—with pictures, of course. Join me on the bookish adventure here on the blog!
- And finally, it might be time to add a few influential historical women to your reading list. Here are a few female-focused biographies you might like to explore.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our most clickable links this week. See you back here next week for another collection of bookish news.
Have a wonderful weekend!