- I am 100% in favour of expanding vocabularies, but I’m a little hesitant to hop on board with this article, which suggests 27 words “writers rarely use but totally should”. Should they really, though? (Probably not.)
- While I can’t get behind needlessly obscure words, I can absolutely advocate for the oft-maligned pun. Check out this fun article on wittiness and wordplay.
- Have you seen Toronto-based publisher House of Anansi’s office/bookstore in the Junction? Love the vibe!
- Writers—consider entering Broken Pencil’s Indie Writers’ Deathmatch Short Story Contest. There are lots of prizes to be won, so check it out.
- And finally, did you miss the Meet the Presses Indie Literary Market? Don’t worry—we have photos so you can catch up.
Thanks for checking out our top links this week. And don’t forget to head on over and check out the latest issue of the Devil’s Artisan, our journal of the printing arts. It’s hot off the press and ready for purchase.