- Now that we’ve said goodbye to 2018, we also take a moment to say goodbye to the literary luminaries we lost this past year. Here are a few notable ones.
- Of course, 2018 wasn’t all bad. Here are 83 mind-blowing things learned last year. (If you want a teaser, here’s a good one—16: “The number of exclamation points now necessary to convey genuine enthusiasm online is, according to most internet users, three.”)
- And with 2019 now officially here, many of us have been making some bold resolutions for the coming year. Here are seven ways to turn your writing resolutions into realities.
- Of course, it wouldn’t be a new year without new reading recommendations! Here are the top ten most anticipated books of 2019, according to indie booksellers.
- And finally, a hearty congratulations Canadian painter (and author of our very own Thoughts on Driving to Venus) Christopher Pratt, who was recently named a recipient of the Order of Newfoundland and Labrador.
And that’s it—your first PQL Weekly Roundup of 2019. Here’s to a fantastic year full of the very best that the written word has to offer!