- In the wake of the fire at Notre-Dame de Paris, Victor Hugo’s French classic, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, is once again a bestselling book.
- The must-have accessory for ancient know-it-alls: imagine a cross between a book and a smartphone and you get some idea of what a Babylonian miniature almanac was like.
- If you’ve ever suffered a flood, dropped a book in the bath or for whatever reason ended up with a wet book, here is some advice on how to rescue water-logged books.
- Bad news for Ontario libraries this week: province slashes Ontario Library Service funding by 50%.
- And finally, if you love the printing arts, check out our latest issue (#84) of the Devil’s Artisan. In this issue, learn about First Nations artist Carl Beam’s Columbus Suite, and get a peek inside Massey College’s Bibliography Room.
Have a wonderful long weekend, Quill fans. Enjoy the time with friends, family and … books!