- Who doesn’t like learning about hilariously out-dated slang terms. Whether you add them to your writing or pepper them into conversations with friends, there’s something delicious about trotting out phrases like “having the morbs” and “poked up.”
- “Do camels have to be licensed in India?” and other amusing questions from the archives of the New York Public Library.
- “What we don’t talk about, though, is the wounds inflicted when we write about our wounds. Or really, when we publish that sort of work.” On the emotional toll of writing nonfiction, especially memoirs.
- If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to become a professional book editor, here’s one woman’s experience.
- And finally, a PSA. Did you know that you don’t actually own the books on your Kindle? On digital rights management for ebooks.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s link roundup. Have a great weekend full of books and reading!
All the best,