Every Friday, the PQ Weekly Roundup collects the most shared links in our social media network—bookish articles, reviews, quizzes, recommendations and more—in convenient digest form.
- First off, thanks to everyone who made it to the Detroit Book Festival this past weekend and checked out our lovely books. Always nice to meet new bookish folks! Here are a few pictures of the day.
- For those of you who keep track of book buzz, you might want to check out the 2019 Booker Prize longlist, which was announced this week.
- What is the cost of reading? We all feel strapped for time now and again, but this article dives deeper into the (sometimes unequal) costs of participating in literary communities.
- How has capitalism changed literature and publishing? This piece compares “conglomerate” and “nonprofit” novels to see how different they really are.
- If you’re a writer looking to dust off and rework an old manuscript, here are some strategies for making the most of the revision process.
Hey there Quill fans! Thanks for clicking through our best bookish links of the week. We hope you learned something new and interesting.
All the best,
Leave a Reply