- Calling all writers! The CBC Short Story Prize is now accepting submissions. Time to brush off those writing skills and get some recognition for your literary talents.
- As if you’re not totally convinced about the vital role libraries play in our communities, take a look at this. D.C. libraries do more than just lend out books. They also act as a place for the homeless to access programs and services to get them back on their feet.
- Can’t keep track of all the great Canadian books coming this fall? Have no fear—CBC Books has put together a list of all the books in their fall preview posts.
- It’s September, so you know what that means—all the literary prize lists are being announced. This week, we heard about the Booker Prize shortlist and the Giller Prize longlist.
- Speaking of prizes, who cares about them anyway? On the purpose of awards in today’s literary landscape.
Happy first weekend of September, Quill fans. Are you enjoying the sweater weather? We hope so, and we hope to see you tomorrow in Toronto for the Fisher Small and Fine Press Fair!